Today’s El Tepeyac Café underwent a couple transformations before it was finally known as El Tepeyac, home of the world-famous “Manuel’s Special” burrito. Before being known as El Tepeyac, the Rojas family founded a restaurant located in downtown LA in 1942 called El Tupinamba Café, which was the first restaurant venture for the family. Then the Rojas family relocated to Lincoln Heights, where it opened another restaurant known as La Villa Café.
Whom to Contact
- Debbie Duran-WadePublic Relations/Marketing DirectorPhone: (562) 754-4040